• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

double parking ticket - was never at location

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

alexv

What is the name of your state? NJ

I've received a ticket for double parking in NYC in the mail today. The specified location is miles away from where I was that day. Time and date -- my normal work hours. I live and work in the same city in NJ.

The information about this ticket on the web (nyc.gov/finance) matches to my car make and plate number.

How can I prove that I was never there?

Help!!!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Righttttttt . . .

The meter maid just happened to know everything there was to know about your car, and just pulled all that information out of thin air.

Stop loaning your car to people!

IAAL

bisto

You answered your own question - how can you prove you were not there?

Answer that and you be fine. If not pay the $35.

A

alexv

I do not lend my car to anybody ever.

The location is E 125th Street in NYC -- was never at that location.

The ticket is $125

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

alexv said:
I do not lend my car to anybody ever.

The location is E 125th Street in NYC -- was never at that location.

The ticket is $125

My response:

Righttttttt . . .

The meter maid just happened to know everything there was to know about your car, and just pulled all that information out of thin air.

IAAL

bisto

alexv said:
What is the name of your state? NJ

I've received a ticket for double parking in NYC in the mail today. The specified location is miles away from where I was that day. Time and date -- my normal work hours. I live and work in the same city in NJ.

The information about this ticket on the web (nyc.gov/finance) matches to my car make and plate number.

How can I prove that I was never there?

Help!!!
how can you prove you were not there is simple - prove you were somewhere else. We can't do that because we don't know where you think you were. Do you know where you were and can you prove it. We can't. If you can take it to court.

A

alexv

I spoke to my boss and colleagues and they will write an affidavit on monday that I was indeed at work in NJ and not in NY.

How will I prove that I did not loan my car?

BTW: Thanks for your responses.

CdwJava

I am not sure what is included in vehicle registration in NJ or New York, but there is one possibility - that the ticket writer got one of the digits or letters wrong and when they later pulled the registration info they simply used the info on the registration as opposed to the information on the citation.

However, if the "hard copy" of the citation matches the vehicle description to a "T", then it makes the possibility a little less plausible.

Carl

A

alexv

I'll try to get the hardcopy first thing monday -- if it's possible at all.

Unfortunately, this "good" mail had to come on Friday and surprise me after I got home from work -- too late to get any information now.

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">