• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 defendants 1 broken sunroof

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sweety98270

What is the name of your state? I live in wa.
I am being taken to small claims court because my daughter and or a boy she knows are being accused of throwing a rock and breaking a sunroof in a parked truck. The plaintiff doesnt know who broke her sunroof. My daughter (15) was talking to this boy and he was throwing rocks. The boys mother went outside and yelled at the kids to stop throwing rocks.
well, after talking with the kids and adults. I found out the plaintiff and her truck were not present when the kids were throwing rocks. My daugher and a freind saw her coming home from work, when they were leaving the neighborhood.
Does this lady hove a case? can she sue just because someone said they saw them throwing rocks earlier in the day? can she sue two different people cause she thinks it was one of them?

Last edited:

divgradcurl

Does this lady hove a case?
Hard to say, It will depend on what evidence and witnesses she has. If she has witnesses, that will certainly carry more wieght than your daughter's statement that she "saw her coming home from work, when they were leaving the neighborhood," which, of course, is self-serving.

can she sue just because someone said they saw them throwing rocks earlier in the day?
Of course. Eyewitness testimony is used all the time in cases.

can she sue two different people cause she thinks it was one of them?
Yes.

S

sweety98270

Her witness is a defendant. who also says her truck was not home when rocks were thrown. Her evidence is a broken sunroof and a lot of rocks on her propety and other property around hers. and also one estamite of how much it will cost to fix her sunroof $681.22.
my daughters friend that she was leaving with also witnessed her coming home. (friend not a defendant)

JETX

"Does this lady hove a case?"
*** How the hell should we know??? Geeez.... you must figure that we can read her mind!! Of course she apparently feels she does. Go to court as ordered, have your daughter tell her version, the court will decide!! Pretty simple, huh??

"can she sue just because someone said they saw them throwing rocks earlier in the day?"
*** Of course she can!!

"can she sue two different people cause she thinks it was one of them?"
*** Yep. Hell, she could sue your entire trailer park if she wanted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">