• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modification of Judgement

• Thread starter davidsaintwayne
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

davidsaintwayne

What is the name of your state? Oregon

My wife, the respondent, has been ordered by the Multnomah County Courthouse to appear on the 30th of June. The petitionar, her ex, wants to modify his child support because he has retired from his job. He states as follows: my income will be changing dramatically, as of June 10, 2004. I am retiring and my income will be substantially reduced. We believe, my wife and I, that he is hiding income. His current wife makes a substantial amount of money. He has the potential to make money on his own, even though he's retiring. What are our options? Can it be reduced even though he's retiring and he's 59? Can we go after his income and hers? Please respond ASAP, this is confidential. Thank you.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It's impossible to say whether or not a judge would grant a downward modification.

As for his wife's income? She is not more responsible for supporting their children than you are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">