• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paper road sold to neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

needmydriveway

What is the name of your state?new york

Hi, I purchased property in Aug. 2002 with a double unit and a single unit. Next to me is a 50 foot parcel, which is used as parking for my tenents, the tenents of the neighboring property and myself, that was owned by the town as a paper street. The town then abandoned the parcel in Jan. 1999, then sold it to the estate of the neighboring property for one dollar in July of 1999. During my purchass process i found this out and contacted the town attorny and was told that this was illegal( once the town abandons property it should be split between the two property owner the adjion it). I was also told to not let this delemma interfer with my purchas. I have hired an attorny to settle this, he has sent several letters to the estate of the neighboring property and to the town to recify the matter. The estate will not transfer the half of the pacel to me. Now the estate is for sale along with the 50 foot parcel as one unit. My lawer is slow to proceed with any actions. I would like some input on how to resolve this matter. I was told i would have to take this to state supreme court. Any ideas for me. thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">