• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CAN HE SELL>>>THE HOUSE??????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pamster

What is the name of your state?:eek: What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?undefined FLORIDA Hi I'm back (see 6/2). My friend has been married ifor 4 1/2 yrs and separated for 6 mos. His wife is in Tx. in her own home (bought pre-marriage). She has not helped support their marriage home for at least a year. She has been in TX about 1 1/2 yrs.
The house mortgage has her name on it. The deed/title DO NOT have her name on them. He is barely surviving on a fixed income and is also soley taking care of his mom (85) who has Alzhiemers. A friend and I have offered to buy the house, get a better rate etc. and have him rent from us. His wife got upset and thinks she will get screwed. She doesn't want to sell.
Does he need her PERMISSION or SIGNATURE being her name is NOT on the deed/title???? THANK YOU FOR YOU REPLYS> I HOPE I have explained the situation more clearly!!!!

stephenk

Does your friend care if the house goes into foreclosure? If he doesnt care and really wants to be an ass, he can just stop paying the mortgage. His wife will start receiving letters from the bank about the overdue payments and how she must pay or else.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
In the future, would you mind keeping all your posts on a topic together rather than refering people to look at other threads? It makes it more difficult for people to get the information to answer the question, and many will not bother.

JETX

"Does he need her PERMISSION or SIGNATURE being her name is NOT on the deed/title????"
*** If her name is NOT on the title, then her permission is not needed. Simply, sell the property and use the proceeds to clear the mortgage. Voila!! She is all gone!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">