• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fighting speeding ticket in another state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reapit

I was issued a speeding ticket in South Carolina.I stay in CT.
Is therea away I can fight the case in CT and not having to go to SC for the same ?

Thanks in advance,
reapit

JETX

reapit said:
Is therea away I can fight the case in CT and not having to go to SC for the same ?
*** Uh, no!!! The CT courts have no say in a SC violation.

lwpat

The judges in South Carolina will not discuss your speeding ticket with you prior to your trail date so there is no way to fight the ticket by mail or over the phone. You can either return for your court date, retain an attorney or mail in your fine by the court date. It must be by money order.

Retaining an attorney is simply an economic decision based on the ticket and your prior record. Typically you can expect an attorney to get a reduction in the fine/points and he will cost you around 300.

reapit

JETX said:
*** Uh, no!!! The CT courts have no say in a SC violation.
My problem is that I wont be a ble to go to SC , as I might be in a danger of losing my job for absence !!

Last edited:

reapit

lwpat said:
The judges in South Carolina will not discuss your speeding ticket with you prior to your trail date so there is no way to fight the ticket by mail or over the phone. You can either return for your court date, retain an attorney or mail in your fine by the court date. It must be by money order.

Retaining an attorney is simply an economic decision based on the ticket and your prior record. Typically you can expect an attorney to get a reduction in the fine/points and he will cost you around 300.

My ticket is for 350.Do you think it will be worth retaining an attorney?
This is my first traffic ticket.

JETX

reapit said:
My problem is that I wont be a ble to go to SC , as I might be in a danger of losing my job for absence !!
Then you can simply contact the court and ask them how much the fine is.... and ask if they accept money orders or cashiers check. Then make sure you send payment early so that it gets to the court BEFORE the date of your trial.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">