• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Automated Speeding Tickets in California? (automated camera/radar systems?)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

digitalvoid

Does anyone know if there exist places in southern california that issue automated speeding tickets from camera/radar systems (that are then sent through the mail)? (similar to what some places do with running red lights)
Any idea where they are implemented (freeways or local roads? / sd or la?) and how common are they?

Thanks for any info.

Also, what would happen if the car being driven was a rental car? Would the car rental company charge the fines to my credit card on file, and the infractions go onto my driving record?

I spent the past few days driving not slowly in southern california between LA and SD (inclusive) and was not aware that such systems existed. However, I am now hearing conflicting word of mouth information about such systems. Could anyone clarify? Thanks again.

Last edited:

CdwJava

Yes, they are all over the place. Many cities in southern CA have them now. ESPECIALLY in San Diego County.

And yes, the rental car company will drop a dime on you REAL fast! They will give the police all the info they want. So be prepared for a letter if you got caught.

Carl

D

digitalvoid

Thanks for the info.
:confused:
Any idea how long it will be before i can expect a ticket in the mail? Or will the rental car agency just charge it to my credit card?

CdwJava

I don't believe they CAN charge it to your credit card. You will likely get something in the mail from the court.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">