• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

punished after the baby is born?

• Thread starter RedWhiteAndBlue
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RedWhiteAndBlue

What is the name of your state?New Mexico
My brother has a four month old baby with a minor. He is a more than fit father :D and she is an irisponsible drunk :mad: . I heard that if a baby is born out of satutory rape that the minor can no longer press charges, is that true? And if the minors parents refuse to press charges can the minor still press charges. And who would get custody? :confused: He needs to know. HELP!

stephenk

So "fit" father-to-be had unprotected sex with a drunk minor? The State brings the charges. Her pregnancy is the proof.

Custody is decided after the baby is born. Unless mom is shown to be unfit (how old is she?), the baby will most likely stay with mommy and your brother gets to pay child support and obtain visitation.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

stephenk said:
Custody is decided after the baby is born. Unless mom is shown to be unfit (how old is she?), the baby will most likely stay with mommy and your brother gets to pay child support and obtain visitation.

My response:

. . . but, brother dearest will first have to spend time behind bars for raping a minor (and no, her "consent" was worthless - - which is why it's "statutory rape").

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">