• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

nurse/patient??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rghjudi

What is the name of your state?New York
A family member who is a registerd nurse took another family member to nine different physicians in a six month period. Her own doctor stated the elderly member was in excellent health considering her age and prescribed vicadin for her arthritus, One doctor prescribed morphine and I can only assume the others prescribed something similar. These were administered to the elderly woman, whose only complaint was arthritus, but not severe enough to keep her from going up and down a flight of stairs several times a day unaided. I believe this indirectly caused the death of the woman, inasmuch as the side effects caused a blockage requiring six hour emgency surgery and leaving the woman dementia. At this time I believe her tolerance to the drugs was so high that no amount of pain reliever had an effect. She cried out continuously for 54 days for the pain and agoney she was enduring.
At the time I did not know all this stuff, not until after the womans death, it took awile to actually grasp the horror of it all.
Her body was immediately cremated, and the "trustee" will not open the medical records.
I contacted the Office of Professional Discipline and , get ready for this, they couldn't help me because this was a mother/daughter relationship and not a patient/nurse. It was a nurse who was able to get controlled substances from doctors because she was a nurse, she had been trained in the medical field, was knowlegble on drugs and thier effects. This is an educated professional why did'nt she observe signs of a problem before it was too late, or did she intentionaly turn her head? Can you tell me where one relationship ends and the other begins?
Would you consider this strong enough circumstantial evidence to present to the DA? I have been to the police and they ask me "what's the motive", now I have to prove the motive was money even tho financial exploitation is involved also.
I am speaking of my mother and sister.

I can use all the advice, support, encouragement and prayers I am in a nightmare with no wake up call.
I thank you for your time taken to read this

Last edited:

ellencee

rghjudi
I suspect that your sister, the nurse, is addicted to narcotics and used your mother's arthritic complaints to gain prescription drugs or she could have been searching for a physician who would treat the disease, arthritis, rather than simply treat the pain.

Physicians and nurses no longer "train" to learn their duties but are college educated the same as any other professional. I think after almost a half a century of nursing as a professional discipline, 'nurses training' would no longer be a term in our vocabulary.

EC

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">