• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Condo Easement obligations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Everet Boynton

What is the name of your state? Maine (ME)

I am the treasurer of condo ass'n. Prior to the formation of our association, there was a detention/retention pond developed to serve an abutting condo ass'n. This was prior to construction of our association.

The developer granted the prior ass'n an easement across what became the common property of our association.

What are the financial and/or legal obligations of the prior ass'n in regard to the expense of maintaining the detention/retention pond?

Is there any case law in Maine about this?

Thank you

JETX

As a legal representative of a BUSINESS, it is imperative that you establish an attorney relationship as there will often be legal questions that will arise in the day-to-day operation of that BUSINESS.

As such, I suggest you take advantage of this opportunity and start 'interviewing' local attorneys. I am sure that one or more of them will be glad to review the documents, easements, etc. and advise your board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">