• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Harassing Neighbor

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

penaltybx6

I live in the state of California.
My wife works for the company that manages the apartment complex we live in. The problems started happening about 3 months ago when we transferred to a different apartment. One day our neighbor was making very loud noises. My wife and two of her friends when next door to see if the noises were coming from next door and to see if everything was okay. The next day a compliant was sent to the corporate office instead of the complex saying lies about her. From time to time my wife and her friends would catch him looking at her through his window. On a separate complaint he said that she has people coming in and out of our apartment at late hours. About three days ago he yelled at my wife because she slammed the door and later sent another compliant into the corporate office saying that she slammed the door, my wife and her friends made faces at him while they were outside and he was looking at them through his window, and between 11:30-11:45pm my wife took out our 3 month old golden retriever without a leash fearing for his son's safety. His son wasn't even outside at the time
I believe he is harassing her and trying to intimidate her. All "incidents" occured outside of her work hours and there is no point in sending the compliants to the corporate office. If anything these complaints should be treated as a regular tenant. Do we have any legal rights? Can we use a camcorder to catch him staring at my wife, or would that be consider an invasion of privacy? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shay-Pari'e

(Quote)he was looking at them through his window, and between 11:30-11:45pm my wife took out our 3 month old golden retriever without a leash fearing for his son's safety. His son wasn't even outside at the time(QUOTE)

It does not even matter wether I can understand your post, he has every right to contact the corporation. So your wife AND A COUPLE FRIENDS, spend their time being "Apartment Police"?

dequeendistress

Since your wife is the apartment manager, she should know the complex's policy on this type of behavior.

I although do not understand your post completely, nor do I understand paradise's reply.

Does your complex offer security? If so, why was the peeping neighbor not reported to the security officer and in absence of this, the local police? As far as the cam corder, you are within your rights to record within the confines of your own home. Also if the neighbor has valid complaints against another tenant, particularly if the neighbor is an onsite manager, then there is no reason for them NOT to call corporate management. Your behavior-albiet within or after- working hours should be at least what you would expect from other tenants~manager or no.

Last edited:

Shay-Pari'e

dequeendistress said:
Since your wife is the apartment manager, she should know the complex's policy on this type of behavior.

I although do not understand your post completely, nor do I understand paradise's reply.

Does your complex offer security? If so, why was the peeping neighbor not reported to the security officer and in absence of this, the local police? As far as the cam corder, you are within your rights to record within the confines of your own home. Also if the neighbor has valid complaints against another tenant, particularly if the neighbor is an onsite manager, then there is no reason for them NOT to call corporate management. Your behavior-albiet within or after- working hours should be at least what you would expect from other tenants~manager or no.
Sorry you did not understand my post....Not only is the "Property Manager" acting out of line by taking her dog out with out a leash, They both seem to feel above the law,.........The husband and her.

Again, I can't understand his post clearly......just replying to what was written.

Souix

The way I'm reading this is his wife is not the manager, but she works for the management company. Perhaps your wife should ask her company what she should do about this.

dequeendistress

Ohhhh, yeah! Well you know what happens when we assume. Thanks Souix! Since the OP is AWOL this maybe the only clarification we receive as to deciphering that post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">