• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court Appointed Personal Representative in Washington State.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Elise daniels

Washington State:
My scenerio is a little different. One sister was appointed as PR in a will. She unexpectantly passed away a year later and the "second" sibling took over as directed by my mothers will. Subsequently, the will was very clear about matters of the estate. My two oldest siblings (different father) then brought suit against the second PR and was granted representation by an attorney appointed by the courts. My question is........what responsibility does this appointed attorney have to the estate as far as releasing information, itemization of charges etc. Mainly, what is their title and role. Also, what are "reasonable attorney fees" in this sort of matter?

Dandy Don

For what reason was a suit brought against the second PR?

Your posting is a bit unclear--when you use the term "was granted representation"--do you mean the attorney is serving as the estate's personal representative (to substitute for the 2nd PR) or that attorney is just defending the older siblings in the suit?

Administrator fees in Washington are defined legally as "reasonable compensation"--therefore you would need to talk to a local probate attorney to find out what the actual rate is.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">