• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

No Show

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Foxer

I posted a thread here about two months ago regarding a ticket in Pennsylvania although I live in Maryland. Can't find the thread now so here goes...

The ticket was for 90 in a 55 so required some pro-active effort since this is an automatic suspension. They can suspend your license anywhere now due to the interstate driving compact.

I got an attorney ($600), the ticket was $201, and showed up at court today. Ha-ha, it was a no show by the cop! The judge told my attorney to tell Mr. Foxer we'll send him a check. My attorney then said, let's get out of Dodge.

Like my attorney said to me as we left, it alway pays to go to the hearing.

Cheers,

Foxer

Last edited:

F

Foxer

What, no words of wisdom, no complaining, no congratulations, no rasberries?

S

Sambo83

Mr. Jones and I recieved a citation for racing on the highway, and when the cop didn't show up for the trial, he simply refiled the charges the next day. I hope that doesn't happen to you.

F

Foxer

Sambo83,

Good point. I'm going to call the attorney tomorrow and ask him about this phenomenon. I'm surprised he didn't mention the potential.

Foxer

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">