• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacant home next door

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hauptaj

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Michigan

I moved into my home a year and a half ago. Next door is a vacant house that has been empty since I moved in. I have never seen anyone go in or out of the house. In the back is a sign for an auction in September 2002; I assume it was for the house to be auctioned. I have heard from the neighbors that the previous owner was an older gentleman who was put in a nursing home -- some have said that he died. As far as anyone knows, he had no family. Last summer the city mowed the lawn when I called to complain, but this summer they refuse saying they would be trespassing. The city has the older gentleman listed as the owner and they have no forwarding address for him. They say the property taxes are paid, but they cannot or will not tell me who has paid them. I'm beginning to worry about the house, not only because it appears dilapidated, but also I'm worried about infestation. Is there anything I can do?

BelizeBreeze

but also I'm worried about infestation. Is there anything I can do?
Gates Bar-b-Que sause, salt and pepper to taste and make sure you skin the little critters BEFORE cooking.

450 degrees over an open pit works well :D

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

C'mon, BelizeBreeze - -

You KNOW that to properly enjoy that fare, one must live in a trailer park. Otherwise, it just loses something in the translation. Good eats MUST have the correct and proper ambiance - - or why bother?

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">