• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Airlenny1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

airlenny1

What is the name of your state? Washington

Washington State is where this case is being tried.

I am Pro SE as I have had poor representation and no one seems to pay attention to detail or remember the facts of my case.

I have been treated poorly by the commissioners and lawyers but believe it is based on my ignorance of the system and process.

I need help on finding the information necessary to proceed with a petition or motion. I have read the Court rules for Snohomish County and the washington state rules as well as all of RCW chapter 26 and find process rules and laws but there is nothing about how to proceed if you want the court to do something for you or you want to countermotion or object to a motion or order. I need to know what path to start down when I want to get something done.

In my last experience I was Pro Se at a motion for revision and was told by the judge that I did not ask the court formally by motion to do what I wanted so the Motion for Revision was denied. I did file a calendar note and a point by point declaration response to the prior order that focused on points of law. This was included in my motion for revision. I still do not understand why what I presented was not considered even though it was in "motion form" using the courts own guide and forms. Do I need to file a petition? How does the structure work? Is there a reference at the local law library that outlines the processes and when to use them? This case was a petition and summons sent to me by my ex for modification of child support 2 years after the divorce. the above motion for revision was a fight to block a motion for temporary relief prior to trial.

I have a court date of October 21 -04 to formally fight the request for support modification. I need to be much better prepared and have the time to do so.

I have tried limited representation but the local lawyers referred to me by the bar will not do it.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Mark

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">