• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just out of curiosity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Flusstered

What is the name of your state? PA
I ask this question out of curiosity. I have seen numerous posts here stating "my ex quit his/her job, my ex jumps from job to job, my ex took a low paying job so he/she doesn't have to pay, or pay a reduced % of child support" How can this be? When my ex took me for CS my payments were based on my "earning potential". Do the rules on this vary that much from state to state? Just curious. :confused:

topsidder

No

No

I have been watching this site now for 2 months. And this one is one of the worst.

It is a bunch of uneducated, money hungry, wimpering women who do not work and have nothing better to do than sit and write THEIR version of trumped-up stories.

The advice the give is awful!! Get a second job?! Are you people nuts. All that does is strap the poor NCP with additional income to take, and when they decide they actually need sleep, the courts will impute that second income job.

I would not take advice from this site if it was the only one out there. These women need to go get a job!!!!! Get a Life!!! and, if yu are going to plug yourselves as "free advice" at least be impartial and give some genuine advice! NCP STAY AWAY FROM THIS SIGHT!! I am going to start a sight just to oppose yours!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Of course, your credibility would be a bit higher if you could string together a coherent sentence, dude.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Flusstered said:
What is the name of your state? PA
I ask this question out of curiosity. I have seen numerous posts here stating "my ex quit his/her job, my ex jumps from job to job, my ex took a low paying job so he/she doesn't have to pay, or pay a reduced % of child support" How can this be? When my ex took me for CS my payments were based on my "earning potential". Do the rules on this vary that much from state to state? Just curious. :confused:
Generally, Flusstered, a voluntary decrease in income will not result in a decrease in the support obligation and the court will look at the NCP's (and often the CP's) earning potential. Unfortunately, tho, when someone is determined to not pay support, it's pretty easy to get out of doing it. By job-hopping, quitting, etc. The "punishments" for not paying tend to be difficult to enforce - how can you garnish a paycheck that doesn't exist? What difference does suspending a license make when the person doesn't get stopped by the cops? And so on.

Hope that helps answer your question.

topsidder

First

First, I am not a dude. I am a women. Duddette will do just fine.

Secondly, I am a college educated women who can write a coherent statement. Even a decent thesis, when motivated.

And thirdly, if you cannot take the heat get outta the kitchen. Your advise is biased, uneducated, and benefits only CP's.

In order to be considered impartial, you must communicate both sides. This sight is pathetic! Some of the posts I have personally read should be used as posters for unfit mothers!

Mothers who rely so heavly on child support, not spousal support, for their merger survival is nothing short of contemptuous! Big word - look it up. You bums need to GET A J.O.B!

BelizeBreeze

And thirdly, if you cannot take the heat get outta the kitchen. Your advise is biased, uneducated, and benefits only CP's.
And you, of course, has a breath of legal knowledge from which to open a discourse for all posters with similar issues?

No? Yes? Just here to spout crap?

Listen, if you don't like it leave. You started this and now are playing "POOR ME". It doesn't wash. If you think the advice is poor, give better. Or not.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
topsidder said:
First, I am not a dude. I am a women. Duddette will do just fine.
More like a dud.

topsidder said:
Secondly, I am a college educated women who can write a coherent statement. Even a decent thesis, when motivated.

Tsk tsk. You are a woman. Singular. And it should be college-educated, with that little line college-educated people call a hyphen. There should also be a comma after heat.

topsidder said:
In order to be considered impartial, you must communicate both sides. This sight is pathetic! Some of the posts I have personally read should be used as posters for unfit mothers!
Uh oh. It's a site. Sight is what your eyes are for.

topsidder said:
Mothers who rely so heavly on child support, not spousal support, for their merger survival is nothing short of contemptuous! Big word - look it up. You bums need to GET A J.O.B!
You did well with contemptuous, but dropped the ball on meager. That's what your merger should be. Meager. Look it up, sweetheart. Also, heavily.

By the way, is your handle supposed to have a long I in it, as in side? Or do you pronounce it sid?

topsidder

Are you kidding me!?

Leave this site - No Way!

I will contradict every piece of advise you give NCP's that ONLY benefit them!

I will repeat myself in order to stress the importance of this statement - if you are going to give advise, you need to try and give impartial, accurate advise. You are leading these unsuspecting NCP's down a road that there is no return.

Get a second job?! I am not even an attorney, and I know what that does. Increases income, deprives the NCP of visitation time, and guarantees imputed income for future court cases when the poor slob quits the second job. If you want your "constituents" to have more income for the children, lead them towards bettering themselves, stop advocating divorce and, for heavens sake, at least support visitation!

Jeez!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
pssst, Ms. College-educated Woman... it's adviCe. Noun. As opposed to advise, verb. Brush up on that, eh?

BelizeBreeze

Well, let's see now:

poor slob
NCP relates to poor slob? Now, that is interesting.

I will contradict every piece of advise you give NCP's that ONLY benefit them!
NCP's is possessive. Sorry, there is no possessive item following.

If you want your "constituents" to have more income for the children, lead them towards bettering themselves, stop advocating divorce and, for heavens sake, at least support visitation!
Well GLORY BE! It's Billy Graham. Listen idiot, NCP stands for NON-CUSTODIAL PARENT. The divorce has ALREADY HAPPENED.

Geeez, did you get a masters in being stupid?

topsidder

Keep lobbying.

The Hill is not going to continue down this road much longer. And as long as "SITES" like this exist, you just give us ammunition.

If I was "in charge" of legislation, receipents of any type of state or federal aid would NOT be allowed to vote! That would get the advocates out of office.

Hoover knew what he was doing when he "established the system". Government LUVS dependancy. And, as we all know, women vote! Keep 'em dependant! They'll vote for ya!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
That would be recipients.

And most college-educated people don't use luvs. You are, however, getting better. And when did we start talking about those who receive federal or state aid?

topsidder

Poor Slob

Yes HE is the poor slob. Notice how I said HE.

He has yet to realize, his case is no longer considered a civil one. It is now considered a "social" issue. And he is about to have to bend over. The courts will award hidden spousal support, will impoverish him, and not even address the fact he never sees his kids.

The "powers that be" will not DEMAND the mother work, will not DEMAND that she take financial responsibility for their children and will not DEMAND she allow court ordered visitation.

However, they will DEMAND he pay his support, they will DEMAND he be financially responsible for his children and will DEMAND he provide medical insurance.

Yes, he is the poor slob here. By "declaring" child support a "social" issue, the constitutional rights of the non custodial parent have all but disappeared. He is the poor slob because, as you have stated, the divorce is over. Now it's just a "matter of law" He cannot even fight it. Loosen the cheeks buddy it hurts less. Unfortunatly, this is the only real advice one can give. That, or go back and get custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">