• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help about to be raped by a judge in nyc!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

hate_my_ex

What is the name of your state? nyc

i just landed a new job and it pays very well around 1,680 a week. i have to go to court in aug for an increase. i know am going to get raped by the judge
but how bad can i get raped ? i have 2 other kids from another relationship
my oldest is 18 and is starting collage soon and i have to pay for this. i also have plenty of expences rent ect,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
does the judge have to take all this into consideration ? will she take into consideration that i have to pay for my sons education ? the fact that i have a 15 year old to that i have to support ? my own cost of living ?
should i hire a lawyer to go with me and can he really save me from paying so much in support ?...............i dont mind at all that my daughter gets my money its that i cant swallow that my ex is going to be living off and paying her new car with my hard earned money....also what exactly am i looking at in support for that kind of money.......

VeronicaGia

Do you have ongoing child support orders for the other kids? If so, the judge will have no choice but to take those orders into consideration. If not, a judge may or may not consider them, but even if he does, it won't be nearly as high a deduction as if you have support orders.

H

hate_my_ex

i dont pay for the 2 boys through court but on my own. in my state nyc i think the take 17 % of your income so if thats the case i think they will take like 285 or 300 a week. my question is can a judge make me pay more ir do they have to follow the 17 % law. should i be looking for a lawyer or should i go at it alone.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It'll likely be the 17%. NY takes very little into account when calculating support. Since you don't have a court order for support for the other two kids, the court isn't going to consider that.

H

hate_my_ex

the thing is that i pay 140.00 a week now and my ex still asks me for money.
my daughter when she wants something i get her what ever she wants but her mom is just trying to live off my money . she got a new car i dont lol shes a crazy bi**h just wants to see me do bad. well what ever happens happens.
if id hire a lawyer would he be able to save me money or would that be a waste of money getting one ? my main concern is that i get a fair shake here cause i need to pay for my sons collage education.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
A lawyer may be able to make the argument that you should get credit for having two other children that you're supporting. It may or may not work. But if you're pulling in nearly $1700 a week, you're going to be paying more than $140 of it in CS.

H

hate_my_ex

yeah i know that ill be paying more but am hoping that its not more than 300.00 a week.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">