• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Jurisdiction Illegal Murder Gun Sales Internet

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

strugglin4420

*educational purposes only. This is just hypothetical*
No, State. Federal crime, country as a whole.
Hypothetically speaking,
If someone was to go 'underground' on the interenet, and meet a 'vendor' a.k.a. (a person who is on an underground board dealing with illegal things).

By 'underground' - i mean, not a promoted website. sort of like this forum, but its not promoted at all, cannot find using any search engine, and would be completly invisible to a normal user unless someone had told him about it.

as i was saying, if someone were to be on a forum like this, happen to meet one of these so-called 'vendors' and purchase a gun through him. lets say an assualt rifle comparable to an AK-47.

but once again, i state, this is totally hypothetical.

And you become interested in, and place an order. now the payment method is totally online currency. e.g. e-gold.

And lets say, nothing went wrong, the gun arrives at your house, but a couple of days later, you go psycho, and wind up killing a few people with this very illegal gun.

When the Law enforcement question you, and you refer them to the site you got it from.
Does the any goverment branch have any jurisdiction to trace the 'vendors' internet connection and go anywhere in the united states to arrest him?

whatever the charges may be? distribution of unmarked assualt rifles, contributing to the deliquency of a minor, negligence, contributing to murder, ect... those are just a couple of things i threw in there.

Does the united states have any jurisdiction for illegal online sales that lead to murder?

If they find out later, that the gun vendor is living out of america, lets say in russia, do they still have any jurisdiction for murder?

i am just wondering this because i though there is no jurisdiction for capital crimes?

i need professionals anwsers.

*and one more thing, i am sure that the federal goverment already has people on the site, but cannot charge any person on there with anything because of right now thier jurisdiction is not far enough because of the certain crimes they are commiting.
only murder perhaps would be able to give them the right to trace these users internet and convict them?????

*educational purposes only. This is just hypothetical*

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">