• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Fail to Obey Stop sign

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Goodspeed

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Washington

If the location of the infraction on the ticket is incorrect do I have grounds to fight the fine? On my ticket the officer wrote the location of the infraction as the road that I live on but I wasn't pulled over untill about a mile and a half from the road that I live on, in fact I was never even at any stop sign on my road, I drive a sports car and live on a dirt road, my road runs north and south, if I go north I have less dirt to drive on by turning left off of my road (Dunn) onto Schwaghtgen (wierd names I know) and then continuing west to the paved road (Bruce)

Arriving at the intersection where I encountered the officer, you notice the stop sign is about 10-15 feet from the actual intersection. stopping with the front of your car at the post of the stop sign leaves you with literally no view of oncoming cars to your left hand side, so naturally you go foreward to get a better view. I'm 100% positive the pig saw me doing that because there is no way in hell he saw me stop or not stop at that sign. especially since when I pulled out he was at least a quarter mile from the intersection I was at. Not to mention, after pulling me over the cop did the exact same thing he gave me a ticket for just a mile later down the road.

Last edited:

racer72

I'm 100% positive the pig saw me doing that
We on this forum hold police officers in high regard for the job they do. Do you want a legitimate answer or do you want to be ripped apart by others that view this post?

lwpat

"We on this forum hold police officers in high regard for the job they do. Do you want a legitimate answer or do you want to be ripped apart by others that view this post?"

Ditto

S

Sambo83

A clerical error on your ticket most likely will not result in a dismissal. However you could plead not guilty and explain your story to the Judge. Take some pictures of the intersection, and state, "You see, your honor, the stop sign is 15 feet away from the intersection, so I slowly pulled up to a position where I could see any oncoming traffic. I stopped at that point, and proceeded to pull out. Then officer blah blah pulled me over and cited me for failure to stop."

JETX

And if it is a black judge, be sure to tell him that 'Sambo' provided your defense 'strategy'!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">