• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conde fee too high, services not being provided

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

curt1s

What is the name of your state? PA

Hello all,

I live in central Pennsylvania and recently just purchased a condo. The condo fee is $160/month and is $35 higher than similiar new condo developments in the area.

The complex is just being finished, but I have lived here for over a year. So we do not yet have a condo association I am assuming this will happen when the units are all filled.

The condo fee is said to cover the following:

water, sewer, trash, lawn care, landscaping, snow removal, liability insurance, use of clubhouse, expanded basic cable, professional management

ok here are my gripes. there is no landscaping being done at all. Lots of trees, bushes, etc are dead, grounds are uneven, and nothing at all is being done about it. So we are paying for this, which is nothing for over a year. The lawn itself is in terrible shape, there is grass, but its basically a bunch of weeds, with rocks. you are not able to walk on it in your bare feet! the lawn is mowed, but the people that mow it leave grass all over, on the homes, and make a mess. The clubhouse has broken equipment that property management has been promising to fix for 6 months. They sell the condos to people but dont inform them that the vcr/dvd player, fireplace, etc are broken. we have had anyhting but professional managment.

so im upset, feeling that I am losing around $500 a year on services not being provided by the property management.

What can I do? Is it possible to fire them?(when we get a condo association?) How much control do I have over this situation? They are 30 units, about half filled, and the other owners are also upset. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you,
curtis

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">