• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where do I file

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

satman

What is the name of your state?Texas
I live in Texas. I am an independent contractor who has done some work for a company located in Florida which is part of a larger company in Maryland. The people who I have been dealing with are from the Florida location. This is where the work orders and equipment I use in the performance of the work come from. This is also where I send my invoices to. One of the owners of the larger company located in Maryland works in the Florida location. My checks are sent from the Maryland office. I have never dealt with anyone from the MD office in the course of performing this work. Now they owe me 3000 dollars which is long past due. Should I file my claim in Florida or Maryland? thank you

JETX

File in Florida.... especially if that is where they have assets to go after if needed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">