• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tired of waiting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jackie8591

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma
After going through a vicious custody battle for over 2 years for my 13 year old daughter I was finally awarded sole custody and chld support.
It has been 11 months since that happened and I am still not receiving child support. I don't think my lawyer has even finished the child support order, even though he has all the information to do it.
Is this normal or I just have a bad lawyer? and when the order is finally done will my ex have to pay back from the day the judge ordered i?

A

airlenny1

airlenny1

I am not an attorney or from Oklahoma so laws that apply to me may be different for you. I did go through a big custody battle and am very familiar with child support.

If I were you, I would go to the courthouse and find the office of the clerk. All the records should be there including the judgment and orders for your child support. It should say specifically how much child support and when it is supposed to start. If it is not in the order then it never happened no matter what anyone says. If it is ordered and not being paid you may be able to proceed with a motion that requests immediate payment, incuding back pay, and if he does not respond, you can file a writ of garnishment that effectively puts a hold on bank accounts, wages and assets. This process can force him to pay or his assets are taken and used to pay you. You may also be able to make him go through a state registry that keeps track of his payments. You can do all of this even if he never shows up in court.

Good Luck :)

gphjr

Title 112a Title 43 Oklahoma Statues states that all child support will be colected via income assignment. You need to find the closest child support enforcement agency and bring the completed divorce decree and child support agreement with you. If you were fighting over custody then you should have had a temporary child support order in place, Bring that one. They will enforce that order until the change is submitted and then begin to collect the modified amount when the order is submitted to them. I dealt with Tulsa East CSED. here is the website to find your local office http://www.okdhs.org/childsupport/offices/index.asp should you have a problem call Ms. Nancy Hutchings 405-522-0023 Oklahoma City. This is the main office. Good Luck

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">