• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pulled over without cause

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

M_Waldrop

What is the name of your state?virginia

I drive a Motorcyle and was stopped at a stop sign with my blinker on ready to turn. A cop passed by on the road I was turning on in the opposite direction. After he passed i pulled out and I saw him turn around and start heading back towards me. He never activated his lights but managed to follow me into a parking lot where he asked to see my license. I do not have the motorcycle endorsement so I was issued a summons to appear in court. Nothing was ever mentioned nor ticket given for any offence that would cause the traffic stop. I was wondering weather an officer in Virginia needs proboble cause and what would constitute that to conduct a trafficc stop.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">