• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Last name spelled wrong on speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bdirkpitt

I'm in California and I thought my last name was spelled incorrectly after I re-checked my ticket. Indeed, when I got the summons from the court, my last name is missing a letter. All of the other information is correct, is THAT enough to get my ticket dismissed?

racer72

The judge will gladly correct the misspelling. As long as the information vital to your defense to the citation is correct, ie, DL number, infraction, location, the minor error is not enough to have the ticket dismissed.

S

Sambo83

If you can reseal the mail, do so. Then mark it return to sender. No one by that name at this address.

n_and

Maybe next Sambo will advise him to only drive at night, when drunk, 'so he can follow all the traffic laws'.

CdwJava

I doubt the misspelling of the name will have any bearing on the issue. I have been a cop here in CA for 13 years, and have yet to see such a thing (by itself) ever cause a cite to be kicked either before or during a hearing or other proceeding.

Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">