• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can i win?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bradruppert

What is the name of your state? OHIO

I recently bought a wedding ring from a jewelry chain. They measured my finger at the time of purchase and sized it accordingly. My wife picked up both of our rings a couple of weeks later. When I tried it on it was too loose. I went back to the store and asked them to resize the ring. Two sales associates took a cursory glance at the ring and said it fit fine. I never wear rings and therefore made the mistake of relying on the "experts" judgement. The ring was of course lost on the first day after we were married, possibly in the ocean. I have since bought a new ring when they refused to replace it. The new jeweler sized my finger and came up with a full size smaller than the first jeweler. Can I sue for the $300 value of the lost ring in small claims court? What about the cost of taking a day off of work to go to court and the cost of one day of vacation spent searching for the ring? Can I add in theses costs? I have also heard that in Ohio you can sometimes get three times actual damages in small claims court. When does this apply?

Thanks

B

bradruppert

OK, not in my case. Just curious, do you know when small claims courts do award triple damages?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">