• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is that it?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Flusstered

What is the name of your state? PA
Breif history. Ex is the CP. 16 yr. old daughter asked to come live w/ me in Jan. CP said no. Daughter requested I file for custody. Knew it would be tough, but did. Meantime, CP became angry and started to smack daughter around, filed for emergency custody hearing. Judge granted temp custody to me beginning end of school year and expert to interview all parties involved before making permanent custody decision. All that is okay with me. Here's the question. Filed for mod of CS. Paying CS for son and daughter currently. Son is 18 and graduates next week. Daughter moves in w/me in 2 weeks. Support hearing is scheduled for 8/12! Daughter will be with me for 2 months before hearing and son will be out of school same amount of time. Ex will continue to get support even tho daughter is w/me. Can I do anything? Attorney said I can call domestic relations, but not to hold my breath. Would calling them do anything? I didn't expect a hearing immediately, but not til August shocked me. :eek:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Flusstered said:
What is the name of your state? PA
Breif history. Ex is the CP. 16 yr. old daughter asked to come live w/ me in Jan. CP said no. Daughter requested I file for custody. Knew it would be tough, but did. Meantime, CP became angry and started to smack daughter around, filed for emergency custody hearing. Judge granted temp custody to me beginning end of school year and expert to interview all parties involved before making permanent custody decision. All that is okay with me. Here's the question. Filed for mod of CS. Paying CS for son and daughter currently. Son is 18 and graduates next week. Daughter moves in w/me in 2 weeks. Support hearing is scheduled for 8/12! Daughter will be with me for 2 months before hearing and son will be out of school same amount of time. Ex will continue to get support even tho daughter is w/me. Can I do anything? Attorney said I can call domestic relations, but not to hold my breath. Would calling them do anything? I didn't expect a hearing immediately, but not til August shocked me. :eek:

My response:

Are you here just to vent?

Do you have a legal question, or must we all be subjected to your Peyton Place situation for nothing?

After reading all that, you merely asked: "Would calling them do anything?" What would you like us to do, dial the phone for you?

IAAL

F

Flusstered

Sorry, I was asking, from a legal standpoint, is there anything that can be done to expedite the hearing or is it set in stone until August? I don't want to go spinning my wheels or that of anyone else if there is nothing else that can be done.

VeronicaGia

If the court order is modified, it will be modified back to the date you filed the petition. However, from what I understand, the likelihood of you getting the support money back from the other parent is almost non-existent.

Be sure to file for child support if you are granted custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">