• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domestic Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lukystephen6

What is the name of your state? California

hi. i am 15 and tonight my father tried to break down my door to my room when it was locked. i was wondering if this was illegal or if i could file a law suit, etc. also, he said that he wanted me to leave "his" house. i said "no" and he said he would result to physical force. please help me with the legal details about this. thanks a lot. i look forward to replies.

Shay-Pari'e

lukystephen6 said:
What is the name of your state? California

hi. i am 15 and tonight my father tried to break down my door to my room when it was locked. i was wondering if this was illegal or if i could file a law suit, etc. also, he said that he wanted me to leave "his" house. i said "no" and he said he would result to physical force. please help me with the legal details about this. thanks a lot. i look forward to replies.

Your father did nothing wrong. It is his house and if does not want your door locked he can break it down, it is his house, he will pay the repairs.

Parents of teenagers are not immune from saying stupid things, I'm sure if you left he would be awake all night wondering where you are. Unless you have real domestic issues of abuse,(And this is not one), then mind your parents and give them a break.

No you can not file a lawsuit.

when i first read your thread the first thing that came to mind was what did you do to anger your father so much. What the problem in these times is that parents are not teaching their kids respect. Then the school system teaches you kids that parents cannot discipline the children which is not the case. and if you were to contact any type of your local child protective services while they will come to investigate and if need be they will be taking you not your parent from the home. Then just think you will eventually be sent back there. how pleasent could that be? Think about it. and behave yourself.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">