• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

help please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?ar

My daughter is in the department of Youth Services system. Her grandparents have custody. I pay child support. Everytime she gets into trouble they decide its because of me. I visited her about 3 weeks ago and it is time for me to visit this weekend. Now they have decided that I can't can they just do that. I pay my support on time it comes out of my check and my rights have not been severed(not sure spelled correctly). My daughter is expecting me to show this weekend and the facility will not tell her anything. So she will think I just didn't show. What can I do?

BelizeBreeze

Show up. Period.

Now, as to your post,
Now they have decided that I can't can they just do that.
. Who has decided you can't visit?

And what is your daughter doing in a detention facility if the grandparents have custody?

topsidder

Who decided you cannot visit your daughter? Is it just you or visitors in general? PS: even if you were not paying your support on time, visitation and support ARE NOT contingent upon one another.

sorry I am upset

The grandparents have decided its best that I don't visit and the facility tells me since they have custody the grandparents are in controll of who visits and who doesn't. This is not the first time this has happened everytime my daughter and I get close they pull something like this. These are my ex's parents. My new husband and I went to see her and we had a great time. I called the facility this morning to make an appointment to see her sunday we have to call in advance. The case worker said I needed to speak with the grandparents. So I called and my ex father inlaw said well she got introuble last week and we all decided no one can visit for 2 weeks she is being punished. So I call facility back and the lady said no we do not punish like that. Then she said she couldn't give me any more info since I do not have custody. She did say she would talk to her director and for me to call back. The problem I think is when I was visiting my daughter was talking about wanting to move back in with me. She is not very happy at her grandparents. So I figure she told them and now they are mad or scared.

no

This was done thru juvenile court and it never came up. I just assumed it was in there. I know I was very stupid. I live with this every day. And cannot believe I let them and the system. Even on the divorce the judge said for us just to work it out on our own. We should do the right thing for the kids.

BelizeBreeze

Then you have no right to visit. Plain and simple.

Your first step is to petition for visitation. It won't get settled before your visit is to have been made so drop it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">