• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will juvenile activity show on Background Check?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

josephc618

What is the name of your state? California. I was wrongfully accused and charged when I was a juvenile and a finding was made with 707(b) offense (assault with a deadly weapon - golf club) almost nine years ago. Couple of months ago, I tried to have my record seal but the judge denied my request because a 707(b) cannot be seal in California. I was wondering if my employer do an background check on me, will it show on the background check report? I have did some research and majority of them says no, some says yes. I am confused here. So my question is will my unsealable juvenile record will show on a background check? And does a regular background check differ from a background check run by department of justice and FBI? Thanks.

CdwJava

There is no such thing as a standard "background check". What this consists of can differ widely from employer to employer, and even by government agency. It depends on what records are accessed. It also depends on who the investigator talks to. Even if a record is sealed, if the investigator finds out about it through other sources, and you had not been completely clean about it (and were required to ... and most employers in CA cannot ask about arrests, only convictions), you could be terminated from the process.

If you applied to my law enforcement agency, I can virtually guarantee I would find out about it - sealed or not.

Bottom line is that your question cannot be definitively answered. Its a very definite, "Maybe!"

Carl

enjay

I frequently receive juvenile records through NCIC. Be honest when answering questions about your background and your juvenile record is unlikely to be held against you (unless, of course, you are trying for employment in law enforcement or other sensitive areas).

Shay-Pari'e

guttermouf5150 said:
i am in ca

so dy other sensitive areas do you include government contractors with security clearance?
I can't understand a single word you posted, and you may want to start your own thread and not hijack this one.

guttermouf5150

--PARIDISE-- said:
I can't understand a single word you posted, and you may want to start your own thread and not hijack this one.

gee thanks for the warm welcome. it's so nice that i can get free advice like this. :rolleyes:

there is one typo in my previous post. what's not to understand?
i am applying for a job through a government contractor. i believe i am going to need secret clearance. i was asking if he included this situation when he mentioned other sensitive areas.

btw, this thread hasn't been posted on in six months, i would hardly consider that hijacking.

Shay-Pari'e

guttermouf5150 said:
gee thanks for the warm welcome. it's so nice that i can get free advice like this. :rolleyes:

there is one typo in my previous post. what's not to understand?
i am applying for a job through a government contractor. i believe i am going to need secret clearance. i was asking if he included this situation when he mentioned other sensitive areas.

btw, this thread hasn't been posted on in six months, i would hardly consider that hijacking.
Exactly....What makes you think the poster is around to give you input? Start your own thread. How is anyone suppose to know what you are asking?.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">