• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Court hearing extension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

langeleno-1

What is the name of your state? California / LA County

I filed an appeal this week with the Los Angeles Superior Court contesting the decision of the parking bureau hearing examiner regarding a parking citation. The filing clerk gave me a July 15 court date. I am going to be overseas for 2.5 months starting June 21, so I wanted to exercise my right to appeal the examiner’s decision before the 30-day time window from the hearing examiner’s decision date. I attached to my appeal a letter to the judge requesting a 2-month extension of my court hearing. I also enclosed my ticket receipt as proof of travel. What are my chances to get an extension? Can the judge sanction me for not being present? Is there any way to request an extension prior to the court date? Should I request a dismissal of my appeal? I appreciate any feedback you can provide. Thank you in advance.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">