• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Speeding Ticket in VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DSP1283

What is the name of your state? VA

I never got a speeding ticket before so sorry if I sounded dumb.
I was ticketed for 75 in 55 zone (82.46.2-870), in VA 20mph and over is considered reckless driving.

The officer ticketing me also told me that it's reckless driving, however, on the ticket the charge is speeding 75/55

and my case information showed up on the court website as pre-payable offense (http://www.courts.state.va.us/).

Did I get lucky and only got a speeding ticket even though he could've slapped me with a reckless driving, or is it reckless driving and if I pre-pay the ticket I will enter the guilty plea, and then judge will impose another fine/sentense?

Thank you.

B

bigjohnstud4200

You lucked out...

They only wrote you up for a Traffic Speeding ticket and not Criminal speeding. Here in VA if you are written up with Criminal Speeding, you will likely lose your license for 90 days and could go to jail!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">