• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

property division

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lachap55

What is the name of your state?va. married two years,live in va.we both owned proberty before we got married. she rents her property in fla. we live in the property in va. i have no vested intrest in the house in fla.if we divorce what if any would be her vested intrest in the home we live in va. be. we have no children, we make about the same amount of money.all bills are in my name, but she does contribute to the household bills.

S

savhjco

Odds are the court will award the property to the premarriage respective owners unless contested by your spouse. One issue is the FL property is rented. As far as your bills go, keep in mind that your spouse did not sign a contract with the creditors, therefore they will come after you, legally, regardless of the courts decision even if it is in the final decree. It is still your responsibilty to the creditor, but your spouses to the court. She can be held in contempt if she doesn't pay as ordered. I suggest garnishment of wages if possible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">