• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pre-taxed insurance deductions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

elaineerc58

What is the name of your state?I live in Alabama. I work for a company out of South Carolina, so our insurance is out of South Carolina. The question I have is. On my check stub my insurance is listed as pre-tax deductions. If it is a pre-tax why did they not take all of my insurance payment out of my check. I was told that I would have to pay an additional $300.00 as of this past Jan. I did not have the $300.00 so they canceled my insurance. I am a server that they took out some of my insurance payment and then paid on my taxes. Why did they not pay all of my insurance payment then use what was left to pay my taxes? I would then have paid the IRS what I owed that at the first of the year. Do they not have to pay all of my insurance out of my check first then if any is left over pay my taxes.

Beth3

That's confusing as heck but what I gather is that your employer received a lien or garnishment from the IRS for $300 in back taxes you owe. Your employer then deducted the $300 from your wages, leaving insufficient funds to pay fory your insurance premiums so your insurance was cancelled.

This happened in January and you're just asking about it now? Have you asked your employer if it's possible to have your insurance reinstated?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">