• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MP3PlayerStore.com's Bad Business Practices ~ no refunds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jcp411

What is the name of your state? Arizona.

I purchased a couple MP3 players online and was sent the wrong ones. The packing slip showed the correct model that I ordered but a different model was shipped. I immediately asked for an exchange/refund because they weren't the ones I wanted. The company kept going around and around in circles with me for weeks (they didn't have the one I wanted and the one they shipped they claimed was better, but they sold it retail on 'their' site for $50 less then the one I purchased)! Finally over a month later I received a RMA (return merchandise authorization) number. I sent them in and after 5 weeks have still yet to see a refund. I've tried to contact them via e-mail and phone. It's been totally crazy! I've got the credit card company to give a temporary refund. Doing some research I have found that this company has had numerous other complaints by consumer (some worse then my case).

The company is in Montreal, Quebec, Canada with a PO box in Vermont. I'd like to go after them for fraudulent business activity. Lawsuit? Small claims? I think they should be gotten for more then just my 200 or so dollars.

How/could/would this work? Would it be costly since I couldn't or wouldn't want to go to Canada to represent myself (or other consumers)?

I got so frustrated I've created a one-page site about this whole mess (including detailed history of what has happened).
http://home.comcast.net/~jcp411/

Also I have all the e-mail communications with this company too. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

JETX

Did you pay for this purchase with a credit card?? If so, then your proper recourse would be (if still time allowed) to dispute the purchase with your card issuer.

BTW, if you are going to consider taking any action against them, you better pack your mackinaw, as you will have to do so in Canada. There PO Box in Vermont will not qualify as 'venue', especially if you have to go after assets in the event you win a judgment.

jcp411

Wow! Fast replies! Thanks guys!

I've already got a refund with the credit card company (pending their approval) coming through.

What I want now is retaliatory action! I want to get these guys, put them out of business or something. If you read my story you'll know why they are so bad!

So can I hire a lawyer to represent me in Canada (and any idea on how much it'd cost or if a lawyer would be willing to split the reward)? Would not being a Canadian citizen be a problem for me too?

JETX

Give up on the vengeance.... it simply serves no purpose. And if they are as bad as you believe, their business will be short lived.

jcp411

They are getting on my nerves again. I want these people prosecuted. I'll pay for it. Do I just get a Canadian lawyer to handle it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">