• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Scary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JanDoe

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? IL

:( Hi- I just received an e-mail from my attorney's secretary stating the following:

Please be advised that a 4-way conference has been set on **************in an attempt to resolve your case. I will let you know if the conference is here or at your husband's attorney's office.

A court date was just held last week at which it was decided there would be another court date in July for discovery & settlement. What can I expect from the conference meeting? I am feeling very nervous and unsure of what I want to say during the meeting. My attorney and I have already provided a rebuttal (containing three alternate scenarios) to my husband's initial, very skimpy settlement proposal. Also, I am afraid of becoming overally emotional and crying, yelling, etc. during the conference. Thanks for any insight or shared experiences.

JanDoe

Thanks for the advice stealth2; I am in total agreement. However, if I shouldn't do any talking during the conference, why am I supposed to be in attendance? Everytime there is a court appearance my lawyer says my attendance is "not needed at this time". However, this time I am specifically invited. Is this usual? Thanks again.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">