• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

arrearages

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deepseascape

What is the name of your state?Ca I live in florida, my case is in Ca. My child is deceased. My ex left with my child in 1990. Support was ordered through default in 1995. I assumed she was my child until I obtained the original birth certificate stating "father unknown". My revised florida support on arrearages doesnt even cover interest. It turns out she did the same thing with her first child. Also she went in n out of rehab, left her children with others but I was never contacted for help. There was a child molestation issue in the past with my child. Do I have a rite to know what happened? She wont tell me. In any case I am responsible for arrearages plus interest. Can I prove paternity after death? there was an autopsy. Thanks for any input.

BL

I'm not sure if CA . is one of these States. But even IF you are Not the Bio Father and you're married and , you are considered the Father.

You should have dealt with the issue when she took off .

In the above scenario, yes you would still be responsible .

D

deepseascape

Thanks for the input, we were never married Can she settle? If its between her and I?

BL

If there is no collection Departments or Agencies involved , I would think it would be between you and her yes.

But if it was court ordered and she insist on payments , she could bring it back up in court I imagine.

But without collection activity from an agency, and it being between you and her,she could even forgive the arrears . If she does make sure it noted.

What ever you do keep copies of every transaction for proofs .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">