• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

she has custody now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lsharra

What is the name of your state?:cool: What is the name of your state?arkansas
ok, i will try and make this short. back in jan.2002 my husband two children came to live with us.we sued for custody that feb.2002 and as we were in the middle of all this we were trying to get my husbands child support payments stop. that feb 2002 we served his ex. a patition so she could not come and get them and take them back to her house, we enrolled them in school at our schools and we still payed his ex. c/s $1700.00 worth, up to may of that same year. the lawyer that we was useing was not that good. we got custody in may also. now i was wondering, one of the boys went back to his mother and now she is suing us for c/s. can we get back c/s on her for the $1700.00 over that we payed her while we had them with us?

VeronicaGia

Also, you say that one of the children moved back with her. Has custody been changed for that child by the court? If not, your husband still has legal custody.

L

lsharra

arkansas: no she has custody now of the one child.and the one other child that lives with us just graduated from high school this year.and she is sueing us for back c/s from may 2004 from the time the child graduated. i dont think that is fair for her to be able to do it to us when we could not do that to her when we had both living with us. it seem to me that the law is about the mother not the childern. help me to understand it.

L

lsharra

yes, when she got custody of the minor child the c/s stoped for her and it was say in the papers that when the one that graduates school that she could then sue us.

L

lsharra

and also, we sent her 3 check stubs two weeks ago and she has not yet went to lawyers with them is this going to make us owe more back child support? i don't understand her now when she had custody of both children before she was snapping them fingers to get it done.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">