• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auctions removed....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kittydiddy

What is the name of your state?MA

Hi everyone.... I'll try to make this as short as possible.... I was contacted by a company owner because I had used their images on my auctions... I instantly removed said images and told them so, as well as stating that i would not use their images again... they kept writing saying I owed them compensation... I wrote back once more saying that I had done as was asked, removed the images and would not use them again... they wrote back once more with the same threats of wanting compensation and taking legal action etc....

2 weeks AFTER the fact, they have the two auctions reported, stating some type of infringement (the auction house will not disclose what the actual report said)... these auctions were no longer being used and were not active when they were "reported"...and The images had already been removed...
They are in the UK and the company is registered in Africa... do they have any legal basis to sue me? even though in essence I "ceased and desisted?" Also I looked it up and the company is not registered here in the US...
Thank you!

divgradcurl

do they have any legal basis to sue me? even though in essence I "ceased and desisted?
I suppose that technically they could, but they would have to do it here, in the U.S., in MA, would have to register their copyrights in the U.S. before they could sue, and would have to prove how you "damaged" them.

In other words, don't worry about it.

But do use your own pictures from now on, or get permission first!

K

kittydiddy

Thanks!
So I shouldn't worry about a counter notice to have those auctions re-instated? I don't want to re-instate them as they were anyway... I would only with the use of my own pictures...

I have learnt my lesson though!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">