• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

tos when joining a website

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

legallyblind

What is the name of your state? ca

there is a group of people that are in a huge battle with a website we joined by paying to become members.

my question is this the website is originally from australia.
does the owner of this websites terms of service, or privacy policies override the laws of austrailia or the united states?

this is a huge battle that is going on with several paying members that have been banned from returning to it because we voiced our concerns over the recent findings of the practices that the website owner has been caught doing. We arent even sure if what he is doing is legal but dont know where to start.
this is a website that has over 1 million members. The mass banning that occurred was within the past 3 months.
can anyone tell us where we can start to find out if our rights have been violated?
please? :confused:

Cherrie_Kisses

Paying money...

Paying money to insult and not give advice...well that is an interesting concept !!! :rolleyes: I would think anyone paying money to do so, would need serious help. 'Silverplum' is such a person. There might be people giving advice here that is truly a person with integritiy, but what I have read so far, they a few and far between. Being called names, treated like you should know your answers to your own questions is really absurd...but this is free advice at an unbeatable price. No matter what your profession, attorney, para-legal, judge, etc. if on a web site to help with questions from people seeking advice, you should handle yourself in a professional manner, and only give advice you are qualified to handle. My objection to this site, it allows opinions from individuals that don't have answers to serious questions... i.e. Silverplum. Like that person (don't know if they are male or female...I have my guess though...LOL) I hope others will not put any stock in what that person would say. I hope you find vindication in what you are seeking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">