• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Neighbor wants me to cut down my trees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KojiZ

What is the name of your state?
MD

My neighbor has been complaining incessantly about a couple of pine trees in my property. These trees have branches that barely (about 3 ft) hang over her lawn. Her complaint is that many of the leaves fall on her property, that being her lawn and front area of her house where she parks her vehicle. She says that she is tired of this situation and that she is planning to take legal action against me.

I would like to know if she can do that, and also what are my rights in this matter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

BelizeBreeze

She can cut back the offending branches up to the property line. More than that, she'll have to sue God for making trees.

HomeGuru

KojiZ said:
What is the name of your state?
MD

My neighbor has been complaining incessantly about a couple of pine trees in my property. These trees have branches that barely (about 3 ft) hang over her lawn. Her complaint is that many of the leaves fall on her property, that being her lawn and front area of her house where she parks her vehicle. She says that she is tired of this situation and that she is planning to take legal action against me.

I would like to know if she can do that, and also what are my rights in this matter. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
**A: yes, she can rightly plan to take legal action. But if she does file a civil suit, she would look like a sap in court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">