• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

different county?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

speedcam

i was wondering if my wife was to file contempt charges on her ex, like she was told last night by the family court commisioner, in the county we live in but NOT the county that the divorce took place in will it still get taken care of? all she told my wife was that "it is the state law" and that she would get us the papers to fill out.

BL

You don't give your State.

Also is the the Divorce order to run concurrent with any Family Court Orders ?

What Kind Of contempt ?

Does the other Party still live in the County the Divorce was recorded ?

Of couse they are State Laws.

Last edited:

speedcam

Blonde Lebinese said:
You don't give your State.

a: wisc.

Also is the the Divorce order to run concurrent with any Family Court Orders ?

a:we have court orders in place from two years ago.

What Kind Of contempt ?

a: non payment of the ordered insurance and med. bills from Sept.'02 til now

Does the other Party still live in the County the Divorce was recorded ?

both parties live in same county.... ten mintues apart and is a different county than divorce was done in. ( although we were told before that we had to deal with the original county, then last night we were told differently)

Of couse they are State Laws.
well i understand that but four different answers from two attorney's,courthouse and now a fam. commis. this is why i ask..thanks Blonde! you've been busy i see.......

speedcam

Thats what my(our) original intents were. but when we contacted the courts about doing so they told us they can not transfer the records because the case was still on going. and that i could have some transferred and the cost would be about $400.00. but that would not be the paper work i would have to have transferred to have anything done about this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">