• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sweetbabyjaims

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Tennessee / Florida

I am originally from Florida, but living in Tennessee. I am about to turn 21 and believe that I am set to recieve an inheritance from my father's estate. However, I am estranged from my mother, and she will not give me any information. How can I gain access to, or a copy of my father's will?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sweetbabyjaims said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Tennessee / Florida

I am originally from Florida, but living in Tennessee. I am about to turn 21 and believe that I am set to recieve an inheritance from my father's estate. However, I am estranged from my mother, and she will not give me any information. How can I gain access to, or a copy of my father's will?

My response:

Unless she files it with the court for Probate, you can't.

IAAL

Dandy Don

When did your father die (what year)? If his estate has already been probated, then if you know the city/state where he died, you can check at the county courthouse probate court (visit the courthouse or if you can't visit in person, call or write them and request copies of the will and the entire probate file be sent to you by mail). If you don't know how to contact them, please mention what city/state the death occurred in and I can look up the information for you.

Financial information on how the estate was handled should be in the file and you will probably be able to contact the official estate executor to get more information on how to claim your monies.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">