• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executor won't respond

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dodmanj

What is the name of your state? Florida

My Grandmother had a sister who lived in Florida, and died in November of last year.
The rest of the family are all UK based, however my Grandmothers sister lived in the US for many years - her husband died a couple of years earlier.

Her will has been left with her executor who was also her personal banker.

The only living relatives she had is my grandmother, as well as her daughter (my mother !) Confused yet !!

We have heard nothing since her death with regard to the will, and after calling her a couple of times, have been palmed off with the excuse of "Haven't had time to sort anything out yet"

How can we progress this, and find out the contents of the will ?

To the best of our knowledge, there has been no probate application made yet.

We are concerned that my Grandmother's sisters belongings and considerable funds are being siphoned off, and as we are in the UK can do very little about it ?

The house and car have already been sold, however we have no idea where the money has been put ?

Help please.

Concerned of the UK

Dandy Don

How were you able to find out that the house and car had been sold?
How did you know that she had a will?
Would the estate executor have known how to contact you by mail or by phone (did your grandmother's sister have that information at the time of her death?)?

Please mention your grandmother's sister's name and the city where she died in Florida so I can look up the address and phone number of the county courthouse you will need to contact to get more information.

If the will has been filed and probate has been started, the court can give you copies of whatever documents are available including the will and the name and address of the official estate executor. If the will has not been submitted for probate yet, then you will need to consider hiring a probate lawyer in the same county to get probate started.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">