• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Lost paid support payments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stupified

My state is Arizona
I'm currently in a battle with child support being lost between 2 states. It seems that the support was taken out of my paycheck or I made payments with a personal check, and sent to the clearinghouse in Arizona. Both my paychecks and the clearinghouse have record of this. But when I got a certified payment history from Nevada it showed no payments were received for the second half of 1999. so on top of the missing support payments they said they didn't receive I have been charged interest which from 1999 until 2004 is quite a lot. I payed the support now they(Nevada)said that since the child has not received the money they consider it not payed. How do I straighten this mess that is in no way my fault, I upheld my obligation and payed the support payments. Also on Arizona's certified payment history they do not show some of the income tax that I was supposed to get back that was intercepted and sent to Nevada, Arizona no only didn't credit me for income tax withheld but they are also charging me interest, which between the two item's listed above are making my owed debt way higher than it really should be. A debt which I intend to payoff in full as soon as this matter can be resolved.

Last edited:

VeronicaGia

stupified said:
My state is Arizona
I'm currently in a battle with child support being lost between 2 states. It seems that the support was taken out of my paycheck or I made payments with a personal check, and sent to the clearinghouse in Arizona. Both my paychecks and the clearinghouse have record of this. But when I got a certified payment history from Nevada it showed no payments were received for the second half of 1999. so on top of the missing support payments they said they didn't receive I have been charged interest which from 1999 until 2004 is quite a lot. I payed the support now they(Nevada)said that since the child has not received the money they consider it not payed. How do I straighten this mess that is in no way my fault, I upheld my obligation and payed the support payments. Also on Arizona's certified payment history they do not show some of the income tax that I was supposed to get back that was intercepted and sent to Nevada, Arizona no only didn't credit me for income tax withheld but they are also charging me interest, which between the two item's listed above are making my owed debt way higher than it really should be. A debt which I intend to payoff in full as soon as this matter can be resolved.
You need to get an attorney to help you with this. If AZ shows you paid it, you need to prove it to NV.

BL

I'd also contact the Tax departments that processed the tax returns and get copies of where they were sent and for what purpose.

I have always gotten a Letter from CS office that my Tax returns were intercepted for CS.

And yes contact AZ and request an Audit of you CS payment history sent to you. Do this in writing , might want to have it notarized and send it Certified Return receipt mail. Same way to The Tax Offices.

S

stupified

Thank's

Thank's to Blonde Lebinese and VeronicaGia for your replies. My tax offset returns are going to Nevada they put me on the offset list. They(NV) have record of this and the offsets are on their certified payments list. But since they are going only to Nevada. Arizona shows no record of money sent to my CS obligations and the offset money is not shown on the certified payment history. That is why NV and AZ show diferences in amounts owed PLUS INTEREST calculated in. So as of now both states are looking at each other and pointing there fingers at each other putting the blame on the other state. Seem's to me that if we had a little cooperation between states our children would get the money owed to them. And in some cases not go hungry or homeless. As for hiring a lawer I think that I have put a case together to back my claims that would make any lawyer drool over the thought of presenting it. But neither state will say I'm right and they screwed up So they just keep on finger pointing at each other and making me fume at there lack of admitance of loss of my daughters Child Support money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">