• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Suspended Liscence

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

CarpetOne

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I recently received a ticket for driving while my privliges were revoked. I have a Pennsylvania drivers liscence and I was pulled over in New Jersey for speeding but only received a ticket for driving with a suspended liscence. The reason for my suspension was failure to pay a ticket I received in Jan 2003 for running a stop sign in Pennsylvania. My court date is the 22nd and I have been receiving phone callls from lawyers. I haven't decided to pay for one yet becaue it will cost me 500 dollars. Please help and let me know what I am looking at and how much my fines will be.

lwpat

The first thing you need to do is to pay the fines for the first ticket and then go to the PA DMV and pay the fine to have your license reinstated. There may be a warrant out for your arrest by now and they may just keep you when you show up on the 22nd.

I had a guy give me a hard time once when I issued him a ticket for DWS. I just happened to be outside the magistrate office when he paid the fine. On a hunch I stopped him and guess what, another DWS ticket. This time he got a free ride along with it.

Once you have a valid license try to work something out with the judge in NJ.

W

wizurd

State: NV

I recently had some unpaid moving violations and they became warrants and my license was suspended. I contacted a lawyer and he went to court on my behalf and had my violations reduced and the warrants taken off. After that I had to go to the DMV and pay about $40 for them to reinstate it.

Best bet would be to just go through a lawyer so you won't get hauled off to the tank for having a warrant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">