• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

International marriage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

Check10

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi. I got married 6 months ago in Costa Rica with a Colombian person illegally residing in Costa Rica. I don't have a clue on how even to begin the divorce process. Can anyone help? Do I need to travel to Costa Rica again? I have no kids with this person, no assets aquired since the marriage, heck, I have nothing tying me to this person other than the marriage (as if that isn't enough). Anyway, I need some serious help on this one.

TIA

VeronicaGia

Are you a US citizen? Are you a legal resident of the state of Florida? Contact an attorney in Florida and file for divorce there.

C

Check10

Hi VeroncaGia and thank you for answering.

Yes, I'm a U.S. citizen (born and raised), and I've resided in Florida practically all of my life (except for my younger preteen years).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">