• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

WEBCAMMING and CAPTURING

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

legallyblind

What is the name of your state? CA

ok, since i have been completely ignored with my previous post i will reveal the seriously hilarious details of the TOS post I previously posted.

There is a webcam/chat site that originally started in austrailia.
the owner of this website has the terms of service posted when you join.
Now here is the issue
the members of this site that paid for their membership were being screencaptured and their video streams were also captured and sold to adult websites by the owner who at the same time was putting up a $500 reward to catch the person that was doing the capturing (he was in fact the one). the way the tos was written they state what is submitted is allowed to be used for advertising. However, some of these videos ended up on Many adult webmaster sites. a good amount of people believed that submitted was anything we chose to enter into the photo competitions, the message board posts, and our profile pics. Most of us never knew that our broadcasting was being copied let alone pimped out by the site owner. And by the way this person has admitted he should have asked for our permission and he even gave memberships to those that were "victims".
This entire incident has caused a huge battle with this website and a message board full of upset banned members and the reason they were banned is basically for speaking out against the owners recent business practices.
my question is this....does the website owner have the rights to sell a broadcast from a members webcam without their direct consent or does the terms of service that vaguely states submissions include a webcam broadcast.

and also another issue that has come up is that the administration has been reading members private email that they set up for us. is this allowed as well?

:confused:

BelizeBreeze

You were ignored in your previous post because this has nothing to do with California or U.S. law. The site is located in Australia. Australian law applies.

L

legallyblind

ok austrailian law says that a broadcast is automatically granted a copyright by the broadcaster.
would that be the site owner or the person broadcasting

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">