• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

weed and my liscense

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

getupkid238

What is the name of your state? ALABAMA

ok...
me and a friend moved to california from alabama and then moved back to alabama! we took his car and on our way home we got pulled over in texas! we had some marijuana in the car...under 2 onces is what they listed it as! anyway, shortly after my friend payed his fines his drivers liscense was suspended for 6 months! he told me it was because alabama law is that when you get arrested for such an offense your liscense is gone for six months! i have another friend who got arrested years ago and the same thing happened to him! in both cases the marijuana was found in their cars and i was just wondering if thats why thier liscense was taken away... my car was states away and i had nothing illegal on my person, but i was driving his car!im worried my liscense will be suspended can anyone let me know what alabama law has to say about all of this!

Last edited:

G

getupkid238

yes i was arrested...spent a day in about 30 hrs in jail!!! well, we got a lawyer that basically took our money and did nothing so they took that into consideration and i wanted to handle this without having to go back to texas so i guess i was just charged with the possesion and they sent me a paper with me amount in fines i had to send them before a certain time! i talked to the prosecutor and he hooked that up for me! i just sent the money out there so i believe it will go on my record soon!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">