• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Changing who is responsible for Medical Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Arizona Web

What is the name of your state?
Arizona

Hi All,

My daughter's mother got a new job and now has better, less expensive medical insurance than I do. Curently I am responsible to carry my daughter's insurance, but we decided mutually that it would be in her best interest to switch. Our agreement has been in place for roughly 6 months, and part of it says that she can't contest the agreement for 2 years. Since we are both in agreement that it would be best for my daughter to have the better insurance, would this form do the trick?

http://www.superiorcourt.maricopa.gov/ssc/forms/pdf/drmv78f.pdf

I assume that if we attach the current parenting plan, change the person responsible to carry insurance on this form and leave the rest as is, then the court will send a notice to my employer that they can release me from carrying her insurance? We would do it outside of court, but my work can't release me since there is a court order in place. It would save me a few hundred a month, which helps everybody.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

VeronicaGia

I looked at the form and I'm just not sure. It looks more like something the judge would fill out and sign, but that's my opinion.

Keep in mind that if you are no longer paying for insurance and she is, your child support will likely be increased.

A

Arizona Web

We settled out of court, I have half custody (wednesday 7AM to saturday 7PM). I pay her 300 a month, a number we cam up with that we thought was fair. We also agreed that if we switch insurance that I could just pay her off the record for half the cost each month. My lawyer (who is not longer on retainer) filled out the original papers, we signed them, and he filed them for us.

I hope it doesn't raise my child support. Things have been pretty civil so far and we are just trying to do what is best for my daughter. I just am not sure which form or forms I need to fill out and submit, and where I need to send them.

I would rather not retain a lawyer again (even though mine was great) because it would cost me a few grand, and I am pretty sure since there is no dispute that it can be done without having to pay all that money. Maybe I need a paralegal? Either that or I just need to know which form or forms to get and where to send them.

I figured baby momma and I could sign them and get them notarized and just send them in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">