• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To IAAL-Bifurcation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kellbrand

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? New York

I have seen you talk about bifurcation before..and you always have good advice...My boyfriend went to the attorney and he said he has never heard of it..that it would not apply in New York..is that true and should we find another attorney? He also said that if his wife doesn't want the divorce (he has no grounds in New York) no judge will grant the divorce just because of the fact they have not been together for so many years..so he will never be granted a divorce. His wife told him she doesn't want to get back with him but just have what is rightfully hers after he is gone.

Thanks for you time.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

I will have to defer to the knowledge of the New York attorney concerning this matter. California is far different, and we bifurcate trials all the time.

Consult with another local attorney and see if you get the same, basic, answers.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">